Regulations for Scholarships and Awards
- Regina Music Festival Scholarship will be awarded to those who are eligible to enter the local festival in accordance with the SMFA regulations.
- Solo competitors must enter in at least two solo competitions in the same discipline in order to be considered for scholarships in that discipline. (This rule does not apply to the pianist in the lieder classes. For the purposes of general scholarship regulations, lieder classes are considered to be solo classes.) Members of ensembles smaller than choirs, bands or orchestras must enter at least two ensemble (or solo) competitions in the same discipline in order to be considered for scholarships in that discipline. Choirs, bands and orchestras are expected to have entered two competitions within their respective disciplines in order to be eligible for scholarships in that discipline.
- Competitors may not receive the same award more than two years in succession but will be eligible after a lapse of one year. Choirs, bands, or orchestras and ensembles are exempt from this regulation.
- The maximum number of local awards a competitor may win in one year in one discipline is three, exclusive of the Shumiatcher Scholarships, the Regina Central Lions Scholarships, the Kinsmen Scholarships and the Festival Grand Award, Donald & Claire Kramer Foundation Award and scholarships won as part of a duo or other small ensemble.
- The decisions for awarding all scholarships and awards will be made by the adjudicators. Their decisions are final.
- In the case of a tie for a scholarship, the final decision will be made by the adjudicator.
- In the event that the competitor is not eligible for local scholarships, s/he can still win classes and proceed to Provincial Competitions as well as be recommended to compete for National Competitions. (See SMFA Syllabus for regulations and class descriptions)
- A competitor who is eligible for a Regina Music Festival Scholarship must be in attendance at the Awards Concert to accept the scholarship. Alternate arrangements must be approved in advance, by the Regina Music Festival Production Manager.
The Festival Association reserves the right to adjust any scholarship description on which we may have erred. It is our intention to present each scholarship exactly as described by the donor. Should we have erred, our mistake will be rectified before the scholarship is awarded.