Regulations for Scholarships and Awards in the Regina Music Festival
- Regina Music Festival Scholarships will be awarded to those participants 28 years and under eligible to enter the Regina Music Festival (RMF) in accordance with the Saskatchewan Music Festival Association (SMFA) regulations.
- Solo competitors must enter and compete in at least two solo competitions in the same discipline to be considered for scholarships in that discipline. Lieder classes are considered to be solo classes.
- Canada West Excellence classes are considered solo classes that may count toward a scholarship eligibility requirement. These classes are not eligible for Scholarships in the Regina Music Festival.
- Members of ensembles smaller than choirs, bands or orchestras must enter and compete in at least two ensemble (or solo) competitions in the same discipline to be considered for scholarships in that discipline.
- Choirs, bands and orchestras are expected to have entered two competitions within their respective disciplines to be eligible for scholarships in that discipline.
- Competitors may not receive the same award more than two years in succession but will be eligible after a lapse of one year. Choirs, bands, or orchestras and ensembles are exempt from this regulation.
- The maximum number of local awards a competitor may win in one year in one discipline is three. This does not include the Regina Central Lions Scholarships, the MLT Aikins Scholarships, and the Donald & Claire Kramer Foundation Award or scholarships won as part of a duo or other small ensemble.
- Unless otherwise identified, all decisions for awarding scholarships and awards will be made by the adjudicators. All decisions are final.
- Participant’s who are not eligible to receive RMF scholarships, are still eligible to be recommended to Provincial Competitions and Canada West Competitions. Refer to SMFA Syllabus for regulations and class descriptions.
- The Festival Association reserves the right to adjust any scholarship description on which we may have erred.
- Designated Scholarships are available for Conservatory classes in some disciplines. These classes are not eligible for consideration in all other scholarships.
The Festival Association reserves the right to adjust any scholarship description on which we may have erred. It is our intention to present each scholarship exactly as described by the donor. Should we have erred, our mistake will be rectified before the scholarship is awarded.